Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I miss the rain in Africa

In my newest round of the weep-a-thon which is now my life, Toto's song "Africa" was a highly moving ode to rain and, perhaps, lost love. It's never good if you have to sit in your car to compose yourself before going in to meet your husband for lunch, worrying that they might play any music containing any lyrics or melodies as really, if Toto can make you misty eyed, what can't. Also, never let your newly hormonal friend watch "Say Anything." Buckets, I tell you, buckets...

In other news, it's a gummy bear! We saw the doctor on Monday and the baby and I are doing well. The heartbeat is strong and the baby looks very healthy. I was expecting to see a blob but, I got a lovely gummy bear instead. The baby was positioned nicely to allow us to see his full outline, there were 4 limb buds, a head, and a little flash of heart- what more could you ask for! Also, my due date has now been moved up a day to September 28th. This conviently explains why I always got my new symptoms on Thursday.

Also, I actually did crave pickles the other night. Nothing else though, just the pickles by their lonesome.

4 comments:

Mrs. Flinger said...

Ahhh, it's the BEST the first time you see them. Oh, So fun. THAT there is the reason for all this turmoil.

Glad to hear y'all are healthy!

Becky said...

Thank you! It is rather comforting to know that all this miserableness is actually getting me somewhere. It's the only time feeling awful has ever had such a positive outcome.

Anonymous said...

What great news on your gummi bear! There is nothing like seeing your first newly conceived baby on the montor!

Mrs. Flinger said...

You know, I used to sit and tell myself as long as I was puking (five times a day for ten weeks, thankyouverymuch) that meant everything was fine.

I hated hearing it, but it's true. :-)