Sunday, February 12, 2006

A Collection of Random Items..

Helpful tip: volunteering to plan 2, yes 2, luncheons while experiencing morning sickness is not actually a good plan.

I have been explaining to our 2 dogs that I'm pregnant for the last 20 minutes and they are totally failing to share my excitement. Shirley actually fell asleep! Am contemplating crying...

In other dog related news, Shirley would make an excellent pregnant lady. She seems to have no qualms about napping for hours at a time, rousing mainly to attend to her business or eat. She's also very good at listening when I'm worried about the baby. I'm considering having her ghostwrite a pregnancy book.

It is becoming increasingly vital to have at least 2 episodes of Friend's Tivo'd to save my husband's sanity. In dire cases, when Canada Dry just isn't enough, cuddling and watching Chandler and Monica (not actually a Ross/Rachel fan- scandal!) can fix anything. Last night, I stayed up past 9, which was a total mistake, and he was confronted with a completely incomprehensible me, he could make out something about how "all the other mommies get ultrasounds at 6 weeks" and that I was obviously not cut out to ever be pregnant as all I ever did was sleep and cry and he was going to divorce me imminently, I knew it. My husband is an engineer. He's steadily adapting to the idea that a hug and a sitcom beat logic any day. He's a good man...

If that wasn't proof enough, he went back to the grocery store when he forgot the chocolate mint ice cream (white, not green, with dark chocolate shavings). Of course, it doesn't hurt that mint chocolate chip is his favorite, either...

No comments: