Monday, October 06, 2008

Cloth Diapering A Newborn (rocks!)

Wee, bitty babies produce an incredible amount of extraneous matter, if you know what I mean. Their poop, it is explosive and runny. Their pee, it is constant. The trips to the store for diapers, they are many. One doesn't contain adequately. Several cause a rash. One doesn't fit right. And that one, the one that FINALLY works, is just so expensive! And, that expensive one, you went through 3 in 15 minutes because your daughter decided that only virgin landscapes are appropriate for her needs... twice.

Allow me to introduce you to the wonder of the wonder of the kissaluv/thirsties wonder duo. We used kissaluvs size 0 and a thirsties XS and experienced nary a leak or rash for a blissful 2.5 months. They fit Megan beautifully until she hit about 13 pounds. The only leaks I ever had were on the rare occasion that we used a disposable and, yes, they were the expensive kind. Should you have a wee, bitty one on the way get thee to diaperswappers for some fabo deals on used (but still quite nice) kissalus (I wasn't able to find much in the way of thirsties covers) or wander on over to Jillian's- she has them new and used- and get you some wonderous cloth. They are totally worth adding a little extra laundry to your life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cloth diapered my son and I LOVED IT! We pretty much stuck with Bumkins, but did have a few Kissaluvs in the mix. I would never use sposies again!

Anonymous said...

I have been fearful of CDing the new little one come next spring... you have given me hope that it's not a disaster waiting to happen... :) Now I just have to convince DH that it's time to start the stash...

MommyLydia said...

I have the opposite problem. My baby doesn't diaper explode out of disposables, but he just did out of his cloth diapers! Ugh