Thursday, August 23, 2007

Two Week Wait

So, we are now in the two week wait. I suck at the two week wait. I enter into it willingly and the first day or so is fine but then things go downhill. I get irritable and cranky and impatient and clingy. I want to know RIGHT NOW! I am one of the sort who really is either totally zen or totally not. Charlie came by his lack of emotional middle ground honestly. I actually think that I might test starting on Saturday which is rather on the ridiculously early side but, eh... I stocked up on dollar store tests and if it means I can make it through the day without biting someone's head off, I think it's worth $1 or maybe $2. Maybe Charlie and I should make a pilgrimage to the dollar store today, I suspect 5 pregnancy tests won't quite be adequate....

Anyway, as I explained to my husband, Saturday (maybe Friday), isn't actually that silly since it's really the 10dpo (days past ovulation) wait. (Thank you peeonastick.com- a slightly alarming site but a very welcome source of reading during the cursed wait) I discovered that neither temping nor paying attention to bodily fluids is terribly effective for me. Apparently, no one told Charlie that I need an uninterrupted 3 hours of sleep and a consistent waking time. Happily enough, in this circumstance, I have always had a bit of trouble with mittleschmerz and it is way worse since I had a baby. So, let's turn lemons into lemonade! After all, who doesn't want to jump one's husband's bones when having a headache and cramps! Unfortunately, it's a bit of an inexact sort of science and I either ovulated on the 15th, making Friday a fine time for testing (did you really think I would manage to hold out until Saturday), or the 19th making even Saturday well beyond the bounds of credulity. Unfortunately, I have almost no idea of what a typical 2WW would be like for me. I was on the pill for ages and then got pregnant quickly last time and haven't had very many cycles at all since I had Charlie so, unlike the other women on the message boards I frequent, I can't say that I don't usually go to bed at 8:30, wake up starving, and have cramps. I might have that happen every month- who knows!

Of course, I stumbled upon this post at thingamababy which talks about the conception kit. Please don't pay $300 for that. Get some non-latex condoms and instead cups at the drug store and have at it for more like $15.

Of course, when I'm feeling particularly wild and crazy, I watch the new clear blue ad which must be the most amusing pregnancy test ad ever. It's light years beyond that one where the lady is jogging and keeps going "am I pregnant." Going off of the basis of many women's experiences in early pregnancy, I have to to say that if you're even entertaining the notion of jogging, you are totally not pregnant. So for your viewing pleasure...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh I guess it has been a while since I visited your blog ... I had no idea you ttc! How fun, hehe! Good luck in that dreaded 2ww!

Anne said...

Whew! Can't wait to hear the news!

ANd by the by, thanks for the side-nursing tip. that seems to be the most helpful for keeping the blocked ducts at bay!! just say no to side nursing.

Skyzi said...

Now I am dying to know! That freaky person who keeps coming to your page....its me!