Friday, October 13, 2006

Baby Radar

How is it that Charlie can be sleeping peacefully until the exact moment that I try to do a task?

At night, we'll have finished nursing, he will be completely out, I put him in his cradle, observe for a minute or two, coax his father to coherence and enlist him to rock the cradle and then finally get to go pee. Within 15 seconds, he's crying.

In the afternoon, I will put him in his swing and he will gaciously allow me to pee (what a gentleman!) after a minute or two he falls asleep. He will sleep through the dogs barking at a squirrel and a marching band on tv but as soon as I lay down on the couch to catch a nap, wailing comences.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was doing a google search of myself and well, there you were with a name that I use...sundrip. it was on a pregnancy site..American Pregnancy Association. I dropped on over here to see what your site is about and found myself laughing at your attempts to nap and such.

I just wanted to say hello. Looking at your blogroll it appears we go to one site in common..not martha. i love that site. its how i made my friend a thing to go under her door to keep out the breeze. Anyway though, nice site.

Austin of Sundrip Journals

RB said...

I long for the day that I can go to the bathroom alone. The problem with now is when I go, Beaux wants to know ALL about it...
"You poop Mama? YAY! Can I flush it?"
Shesus.