Friday, January 27, 2006

The sleepy truck

Every day the “sleepy truck” hits me. Suddenly there is this overwhelming desire to be horizontal. Doing anything even mildly productive is a struggle. My mind goes sleepy, my mouth goes sleepy, and I can sometimes manage to still follow the plot of television shows if I really concentrate. It’s this 1.5 to 3 hour period where my only priority seems to be support this little jelly bean and her needs. It seems to be getting a little better and I can feel myself adapting to this new metabolism every day. I am so incredibly grateful that I don’t have to go to work every day. I have no idea how women do it. In theory and limited experience, I know it is possible for life to continue through “sleepy truck time” but it is a definite struggle in will power. And I do know that if you can just manage to muddle through, by 4pm you can do things again and think and be productive but still… Maybe sleepy time comes at a more convenient time for other women. I must say that knowing that I’ll “lose” at least 1.5 hours anywhere between 12 and 3pm is less than conducive to life, as I formerly knew it. At the same time, as pregnancy complaints go, this really isn’t bad and I suppose I should just start getting used to change…

No comments: